Talk about fit and finish????????

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Talk about fit and finish????????

Post by btrwtr »

Yet another example by one of eBay's finest junk purveyors.

Have you ever seen a knife that actually lifts the back springs clear of the frames with the blades at half open?

Well now you have. And only $175. Unbelievable trash!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Queen-C ... 27ed7d2865

Wayne
Attachments
Q-1.JPG
Q-2.jpg
Q-3.jpg
Q-4.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Talk about fit and finish????????

Post by jerryd6818 »

He says it snaps hard and with that much rise on the springs, I don't have a difficult time believing it.

It's a dirty shame he wants so much for it. If it were not waaaaaay beyond my means, real or counterfiet, I'd snap it up for my collection.

Note the close similarity to the Empire I have.
Attachments
Empire W Winsted CT.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

I don't think the spring will last long with that much flex.

Harold
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It does look like a broken spring waiting to happen, doesn't it. It makes me wonder what the true story is on this knife.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Best guess is complete Frankenknife. Neither the blades or back springs are original or old.

Queen City is one of the most counterfeited markings you see. It's a favorite of myrtlefaye. Note the rise on the interior side of the spring that is in from the end. Very unusual for a spring to be made like this. This increase in thickness is a result of shaving the end of the spring to try and accommodate the new blades. I doubt you will ever see this on an old original knife. Hand cobbled and poorly fit.

The master blade back also sits well above the frame and back spring when full opened. Springs ends sit outside the frame with the blades closed.

Looks like the tang on the small clip blade extends all the way out to the end of the frame when the blade is closed. You should never see anything like this on an old factory made knife unless it is a half stop square and clean joint. The new hand fitted blade account for the unusual rise in the new back springs.

Blades and springs appear to be stainless and they should be carbon steel on a pre-1933 marked knife.

This seller often fails to see handle cracks and repairs. Looks like there might be a small repair on the reverse side center pin.

jerryd6818, I really like that old Empire! Now that's what an HOK should look like!

Wayne
Attachments
Q-3-1.jpg
Q-5.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

jerryd6818 wrote:He says it snaps hard and with that much rise on the springs, I don't have a difficult time believing it.

It's a dirty shame he wants so much for it. If it were not waaaaaay beyond my means, real or counterfiet, I'd snap it up for my collection.

Note the close similarity to the Empire I have.
That is one great looking Empire, Jerry. ::tu:: ::tu:: Don't think I'd seen that one before.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”