3 Blade Coke Bottle ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RalphAlsip

3 Blade Coke Bottle ?

Post by RalphAlsip »

I have never seen a 3 blade Coke Bottle pattern before. Is this knife described accurately?

The flat blade, tang stamping, bone color, jigging, and shield don't integrate into a whole that looks right to my eye.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Vintage-Co ... 41889d0ab6
Attachments
$_57.JPG
basser5

Re: 3 Blade Coke Bottle ?

Post by basser5 »

It is a Frankenknife....whittler pattern.
My name is Tim and i'm a stagoholic.
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

Total FAKE! ::barf::

Mark
$_571.jpg
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Ramrod wrote:Total FAKE! ::barf::

Mark
$_571.jpg
Agreed...POS...no part of that knife came from the Case factory.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Hey Jerry,

In answer to your question, not a Coke bottle. Not the first one I have seen either. It is supposed to be a CASE TESTED 6346-1/2 Three backspring Humpback Whittler. "Supposed to be" being the key phrase here. That knife is a total hack waiting for the unknowledgeable to come along. I could be wrong but this seller with the gloves seems to have more than his share of fakes lately.

Out of all the knives I inherited from my Father's collection, he had one fake. It was this same pattern but a CASE BROS Little Valley. I did not know alot about CASE knives at the time but it sure as hell did not look right. Way too pristine for age, like in hermectically sealed for 100 years or something. Lots of other things that give my former knife away also. Actually my first ever post here on AAPK.

Here is that post...

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... lit=+CT046

A few months back, I had it in the office as a reminder of what not to buy one day. Heading out to the rifle range, it gave me a dirty look and I used it for target practice with my .308. Safe to say it is well marked and out of circulation now.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... ilit=+.308

This POS deserves the same fate in my opinion.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”