Case Tested 5345 1/2 Cattle Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Tested 5345 1/2 Cattle Knife

Post by btrwtr »

He is a poor quality fake. Grind lines are bad, smooth at tangs and swedges all rounded off. Large gaps between handles and bolsters. Bolster edges at handle material are also rounded. Shield is small for knife. Looks like a new knife because it is a new knife.

18 bids at time of posting and 4 days left on auction.

Interestingly enough if you check this sellers limited feedback you will see he recently sold an even worse fake Tested 6488 congress pen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-TESTED-XX- ... 2a40abf5c5
Attachments
5345a.JPG
5345b.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
olderdogs1

Re: Case Tested 5345 1/2 Cattle Knife

Post by olderdogs1 »

Looks like he recently sold a fake 88 congress for 300+. A lot of these fake stag cattle and stockman knives are floating around. I think the guy that made them sold them for 50.00 each. They are all cold stamped and have the newer bad fitting stag handles.
This guy knows this knife is a fake. He starts his description, "Marked Case Tested" so I guess he could always say he didn't say it was genuine. ::td::
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Can only hope he gets paid with Monopoly Money. Would be fitting.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

If you know nothing about Case Tested, always be careful of one tang stamped on all blades. Does not
mean all are bad, but need careful inspection.

Harold
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Looks like this one doesn't have the typical Tested era pinned shield either. I've seen only a couple that I believe to be genuine Tested XX era with shield like this one. The C in Case on the shield should be more closed and rounded than this one.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Dino_J

Post by Dino_J »

Thanks so much for sharing this post. A needed education.
Dino
Dino_J
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Ken,
You are correct. The shield would not be the norm, but a lot of tested knives have the XX shield. This one is just so bad that it really sticks out. Case never made any part of this knife in my opinion. There are a lot of these circulating around in this pattern and others and they all have the same look. A true tested knife just drips with character and this one just screams fake. I too appreciate the post as it helps everyone to learn not to get burned on these fakes. ::tu::

Tom
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

THE DEAD GIVE-AWAY ON THESE FAKE KNIVES IS THE "C" THAT CURVES AROUND AND TOUCHES THE TOP OFTHE " A" IN CASE. THESE WERE STAMPED IN JAPAN FOR A PREVIOUS OWNER OF W R CASE CO. WHOSE NAME I WILL NOT MENTION. HE KNEW THEY WOULD NOT GET BY THE KEEN EYE OF A CASE KNIFE COLLECTOR SO THEY SCRAPPED THEM AND LATER THEY WERE PURCHASED BY THE GUY WHO NOW MAKES AND SELLS THEM ON EBAY [he is a past president of the national knife collectors association].

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”