Case Tested

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
dcgm4

Case Tested

Post by dcgm4 »

I can honestly say I've never seen a Case quite like this one. :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-TESTED-XX- ... 43cab33258
Attachments
Case.JPG
Case Back.JPG
Case Tang.JPG
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Tested

Post by btrwtr »

I think that knife has been on eBay for a while. I don't like that the blades have been heavily cleaned.The bone at the front head end bolster looks a bit funky, maybe a hidden crack. There are some other minor things I don't like about it but I think it looks okay for the most part. Bone color is different than most but still okay. Might look different in hand. If just a used knife that has been heavily cleaned I think it may have looked better to me before cleaning.

Wayne

Here is a picture of a Tested 61213 I have.
Attachments
DSC06093.JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I'm not digging the tang stamping or the jigging on the eBay knife. ::paranoid::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

My opinion on the Ebay knife is that its an original knife, heavily buffed, with the original handles replaced with new jigged bone.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”