Ebay NKCA Youth isn't right

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Ebay NKCA Youth isn't right

Post by Rookie »

Here is one that definitely not correct. I'm still a "rookie" on most knife info, but the Youth NKCA knives are my area of expertise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-USA-620 ... 5406d30fb5

This is listed by Sportcolbs as the 1990 NKCA Youth Knife by Case. I send an email to say that I believe the knife is incorrectly listed. His response was that "no one would take the time to counterfeit an NKCA knife because they don't bring much money". Well, in the case of the 1990 Youth knife, only 4 have sold in the last 4 years, and they all brought between $280 and $400 each.

Attached is a image of a 1990 NKCA Youth knife. The ebay version has the wrong shield, wrong tang stamp on main blade, and no blade etch on main blade. My guess is the 2nd blade was taken off the real knife, and put into this similar pattern.

Beware.
Attachments
$_57[1].JPG
youth1990-01.jpg
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ebay NKCA Youth isn't right

Post by 1967redrider »

Now would ol' sporty do something like that? :mrgreen: ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

1967redrider wrote:Now would ol' sporty do something like that? :mrgreen: ::nod::
Naaaaaa, never ::sneaky::

Mike
Mike
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Good catch Rookie! I know the older knives better and would never have spotted this one. That said anything for this seller is initially suspect as far as I'm concerned.

I asked him about this knife to see if he can find the "Schrade Cut" markings on it anywhere. Seem he was oblivious to a members previous question replying only "Thanks".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Schrade ... 20e25be178

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Yeah, I also see a 2006 youth knife he has for sale, wrong bolster, wrong nail pull, no tang stamp at all. I didn't even bother to point it out to him.

I don't think he actually counterfit's knives, I think he buys whole collections, and just doesn't care what's in them. Real or Fake, they all get sold on Ebay.
Carl B.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”