Western scout/camping knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Western scout/camping knife

Post by Colonel26 »

Here's one that if real I want to add to the collection. I'm dang nigh certain it's a rehandle which is ok given that it probably had composition scales. But for some reason it just doesn't look right. What say you? If real but a rehandle I'm going to pursue it. If a cobbled together fake, I'm out. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/old-VINTAGE-c-1 ... 5405e1a16d
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Re: Western scout/camping knife

Post by reddirtknives »

Okay, Now that's Rodgers bone am I right or just brown bone? Good luck on that one Wade, I've only won 1 knife from his auctions and I paid too much for it. That guy has a strong following and gets great knives...
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

If you look in the pics you can see where a pin spinner missed one of the pins and left a round indentation in one of the scales. He also has an imperial scout with identical bone listed as well. Hmmmm coincidence?
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Looks perfectly fine to me. The back handle looks a bit off with the extra spin and a little weird mark at upper left but still looks okay to me. I think that Rogers bone is common on both the Westerns and the Imperials. Good looking knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I think its fine - I have owned several Westerns identical. It may have been a military contract knife WWII era.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinion.
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”