Nice case Bradford for the Unsuspecting

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
bonehead

Nice case Bradford for the Unsuspecting

Post by bonehead »

Very nice indeed. Read his ques/answers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/W-R-Case-sons-B ... 25677988df
Attachments
$(KGrHqF,!hsE5hgujQB4BO,jUE8cEQ~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqF,!lEE5KKsou!!BO,jUP(JIw~~60_3.jpg
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Nice case Bradford for the Unsuspecting

Post by Miller Bro's »

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: hey grasshopper, what you have there is what knife collectors call a parts knife. it is made up of whatever was available in the basement repair shop and sold to an unsuspecting buyer. dont know if you did the work or someone else, but it should be disclosed to the public in your listing. Sep-17-11
A: I will put this in the listing but I have seen this knife in one of Mr. Sargents books. I got this from an older lady whose husband had passed away. He had it for many years and didn't take it apart. It is a good knife with an unknown pattern number. Its too good to have been "put together". I'll stand behind the knife. Its a good knife.
AAPK Janitor
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

seller seems honest with his 100% rating...if the buyer doesn't think its genuine, they have 30 days to have it inspected by whomever is qualified. i think that alone is worth the knife if he or she can get it at a decent price for the gamble.
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

I can't figure out why the questioner is saying that this is a parts knife. The stamps seem consistent with age and I can't see anything that jumps out at me indicating that the knife has been apart. The only thing I CAN see is that there are two different stamps, but that is something that is not at all uncommon on these old knives.

Maybe someone can enlighten us.
rigwelder

Post by rigwelder »

I see nothing wrong with it,,I have several W R. Case knives with a Case &Sons as a second,,infact i have a knife just like the one in question. And theres no doubt in my mind that its not legit.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”