He's Back--Again

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ole_muddy

He's Back--Again

Post by ole_muddy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-CASE-T ... 1e5feb2d24

Another POS designed for the unsuspecting and gullible.

Eric
buckeyefan

Re: He's Back--Again

Post by buckeyefan »

"THIS KNIFE IS WHAT I CALL A OLD/NEW KNIFE. A MAN BOUGHT A BUNCH OF KNIFE PARTS FROM MR. JIM PARKER WHEN HE OWNED CASE. HE NOW TAKES THESE KNIFE PARTS AND BULIDS THE KNIFE IN OUR TIME. THERE ALL OLD ORINGAL CASE TESTED XX PARTS NOT FAKES OR REPRODUCTIONS"

I saw that one too Eric :shock: Its a dang shame but ill bet people are still buying them up ::dang::

Marty
The second mouse always get's the cheese..
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

Don't you just wonder if this seller has a whole boat load of these cobbled knives and just slips them into auctions on occasion just to check the market.

Somehow he maintains a 100% feedback rating. ::dang::

Paul
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Knife Nut wrote:Somehow he maintains a 100% feedback rating.
Not trying to defend the guy, but he is starting the auction at .99 cents with free shipping.

Now, if people out there could control themselves and not bid the knife up to the sky, you would have a very nice EDC for cheap money ::nod::

If he only got $10 bucks a piece for these he would stop selling them.
AAPK Janitor
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

The problem I have with these knives is that people buy them, put a little "age" to them and re-sell them as vintage knives to unknowing novice collectors.
Wish I could magically gather all them up and throw them into a deep river.
Nuff said.

Paul
rigwelder

Post by rigwelder »

Everytime I see the term HE'S BACK!
I think of Johnnie Fain (God's blessing him now)telling us about Myrlefake (Myrtelfaye!
I agree,,its junk!
And for those of you that dont know the seller Myrtlefaye!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! ::td::
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I sent RH_Stranger a message this morning through Ebay to the affect that it was a $50.00 to $75.00 knife at best and that an honest man would not sell it for more. I signed off by writing, "But then..........................................................."

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

If those blades are at least 71 years old, I would expect some kind of age to them. I just don't believe the whole story. ::huff::
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
ole_muddy

Post by ole_muddy »

Ebay removed a good chance to sour some of the sales of junk like this when they went to the anonymous bidder thing. When you used to be able to see who was bidding on it, you could email the guy to tell him the knife was bogus and to retract his bid. As is sets now, there's no way to pass a warning on to the novice or unwary bidders who might be taken in by the "old parts" line of hooey.

I guess you could put a head trip on the guy by scheduling in a shorter duration auction that ends as near as possible to this knife and offer to sell a "Picture of a Totally Fake Case Knife" for a buck with free shipping, quantity available, and steal the picture from his listing to show with his username blacked out. I doubt if that would get you kicked off ebay and it would surely have to infuriate this seller in case he either saw the listing or had his attention called to it. Of course anybody who wanted the picture could simply copy it into a photo program and print it out without bothering to buy it so I doubt if you'd get any sales, hopefully, since that wasn't the idea to begin with.

Eric
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

"you would have a very nice EDC for cheap money" (if people didnt drive up the price in the auction)...

I could not agree more about having a nice EDC, BUT, the problem is not that people run up the price, the problem is people like this guy making knives out of LEFTOVER PARTS then selling them as "vintage" Case knives to anyone with a credit card :x

Marty
DMBLADE

Post by DMBLADE »

PEOPLE LIKE THAT WILL NEVER STOP.IM GLAD THAT THE HONEST GUYS LIKE THE ONES IN AAPK TELL IT THE WAYIT IS AND SHOULD BE TO HELP US.A FRIEND JUST HELPED ME ON A GCC LOCKBLADE THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING.
road_warri0r

Post by road_warri0r »

If all of us who respect the knife collecting hobby and its ethical behavior would each buy one of his knives, and leave a scathing negative feedback, he would be out of business.
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Nope he would come back under another name :evil:
ole_muddy

Post by ole_muddy »

BIGHEAD wrote:Nope he would come back under another name :evil:

For comic relief, I'd suggest a phony username like "ClaudeBalls" and give a fake address of "Tomcatraper, TN".

Eric
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

LMAO! Good one ole muddy :mrgreen:
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

The parts that he uses are NOT LEFTOVER OLD PARTS...they are modern fake parts with fake tang stamps.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Another Ken Tolle special
Listen with your eyes, it's the only way you can believe what you hear.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Knifeaholic, I wish you'd write and tell him that. He doesn't believe me. And, I think he;s blocked my E-mail address.
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

A waste of time Charlie. That cat knows exactly what they are, fakes. But when he can sale them at some of the prices he's gotten, why wouldn't he play dumb and act like he doesn't know better? I've messaged him before also and I would be willing to bet you and I aren't the only ones to do so. He plays a fool all the way to the bank.

Aimus
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

What is really sad about these knives is this, several years from now theses knives will have aged and will begin to take on more of the look of actual old knives, they will begin to be resold by the folks that bought them now, at that point we won't have the clue that the seller is rh_stranger or myrtlefaye and it will be much tougher for collectors to sort out the genuine from the fake.
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

The knife is not going to change.
ole_muddy

Post by ole_muddy »

I'd say to open the blades and then bury it out by that fireplug where the neighbor's pit bull relieves himself and leave it there for a couple years. That should rust it up enough to freeze the blades and eat the tang stamps away. Then he could call it a Civil War artifact dug at Gettysburg and leave us knife guys alone.

Eric
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

knifeaholic wrote:The parts that he uses are NOT LEFTOVER OLD PARTS...they are modern fake parts with fake tang stamps.

Steve, Im not the one claiming that he's using "LEFTOVER OLD PARTS", that would be rh_stranger and co.

Please dont miss quote me. ::td::

Marty
road_warri0r

Post by road_warri0r »

Unless the passion of knife collecting is lost and all the delicate points of the way "Case" is on the shield, and the style of the stag, and the crispness of the stamp, are all forgotten, his pieces of junk will never gain in value. It is only a matter of time before someone who pays $600+ for a knife which is basically worthless, brings him up on charges for fraud and he has a long while to think about what he has done in the friendly confines of Big Brother. Snake oil saleman made their money by taking advantage of people on the short run, and quickly moving on to their next town. He can not run away from the Internet, and the proof is all right there to see if the right person ever takes the time to look. Its just like at a Flea Market where a guy sells 'knock-off" Coach purses, and makes out pretty well until a goverment van pulls up, loads all his junk up and hauls him to jail, and that is only on $40-$50 items. Just think what it is gonna be like for a guy who sells $600 bogus knives. It WONT be a pretty sight. :oops:

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”