Ever fix your mistakes ?

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Toejammer

Ever fix your mistakes ?

Post by Toejammer »

I know personally I've come a long way in my customizing ability in the last 4yrs, weather it be technique or better tools. Still haven't caught up to most of you, but I'm getting a wee bit better. :mrgreen:

So I was wondering, do you ever go over your old customs and have the urge to rebuild them ? I know I've been tempted to un-pin a few and try again. And with the popularity of TL-29's on eBay lately, I find it hard to get decent priced donors anymore. (who told everyone on eBay we love these things ?? Prices have gone up since I last looked ! I've seen some real turds go for $10 ++ )

I feel the urge now to go back and put file work on everything ! ::rotflol::
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ever fix your mistakes ?

Post by btrwtr »

I've had the urge but never succumbed to it. It's a good reminder of mistakes as well as progress made.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Stringplucker

Post by Stringplucker »

For my own personal collection, I wouldn't change it...it helps tell the story of your progress in customization and repair work. However, if it's one that was done for someone else, and it came back to me, I'd repair it at no charge.
Jon
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I pretty much let them be. Maybe I'm just too lazy to break them down for a rebuild.

As others have said, it's a good reminder of humility and patience.

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”