customised Buck 110s and 112s

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Legend

customised Buck 110s and 112s

Post by Legend »

Hello all at AAPK ,
My name is Mike and I am new to this forum . In the past I used to make reasonable quality Scandi type knives and sheaths more as a hobby . Now due to recent ill health I have not got the time or the inclination to carry on with this , so instead I have found myself interested in my new hobby of collecting Traditional pocket / folding type knives or gentlemens knives . When funds allow I buy myself a new folder and just admire the craftsmanship of the whole knife ! I have been looking at the iconic Buck 110 or 112 knives and would like one to add to my collection but having done some research via the internet I have found that quite a few people in the US buy them and strip them down and customise them into an even more beautiful item ! The problem is many of these companies or individuals do not ship them to the UK . I have seen some nice ones on ebay for around 85 Dollars with really nice hanle scales and filework to the back springs. Can anyone on this forum give me addresses of any persons who do this type of work who ship to the UK and are reasonably priced ? Also Do these Buck knives still carry their warranty after being customised ?
As I am both an Ex Firefighter (retired) and ex UK Special Forces would anyone know if any companies customise their knives in relation to any of these two services ?
Kind regards
Mike
XX Case XX

Re: customised Buck 110s and 112s

Post by XX Case XX »

Hi Mike!! Welcome to AAPK. ::welcome:: I can only offer two suggestions that might help you in your quest for these types of knives.

1. Check out a store here on the AAPK site called :Arksknives". Just click on the "Buy" icon at the top of this page, look to the right hand side, and click on that store. It's the second one from the top. They might be able to provide information that can help you, also, they have quite a few customized Bucks. Also, many stores here on the AAPK site sell Bucks so check them out too.

2. On the "GEC" (Great Eastern Cutlery) homepage, the have a list of "Authorized Distributors", click on that icon and scroll all the way to the very bottom and you'll find a shop in the UK, ironically called "Mikes Knives". They also might be able to provide you with helpful information, even though they deal primarily with GEC.

Hope this helps:

______
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Legend

Re: customised Buck 110s and 112s

Post by Legend »

Thanks Mike for that information regarding customised buck knives .
Mike

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”